Before and After School Child Care Programs in Seattle Public Schools
Ninety three percent of Seattle Public elementary schools have on-site care programs.
Programs offer fee-based before and after school, school break, and (usually) summer care for elementary
school-aged children. Many also offer preschool for 3-5 year olds (full day or part day). These school-based programs are operated by licensed community care providers or Seattle Parks and Recreation/ Associated Recreation Council.
Some programs are nationally accredited for high quality by the National Afterschool Association (NAA), National Council on Accreditation-After school (COA) or the National Association for Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Why choose a school-based child care program?
- Schools and programs work together to support children’s learning and development
through their alignment partnerships.
- All programs reinforce learning through play-based activities.
- All programs offer reading and/or homework support.
- Pre-K programs help children get ready for school.
Preschool, Before and After School Programs
See a list of before and after school community child care providers in Seattle Public Schools. For a printable version click here.
For information on other programs call Child Care Resources at 206-329-5544 or visit their website at www.childcare.org.
Need help paying for child care?
What’s program accreditation?
Accreditation means a program has completed a rigorous self-study to ensure meeting high quality
program standards, and an endorsement visit by a national accreditation organization.
Accrediting organizations include:
- National Afterschool Association (programs serving school-age children)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
Need transportation to a program near the school?
Talk to the our transportation office at 252-0900 to explore options.
Looking for middle school after school programs?
- Talk to your school about after school programs and community learning centers
- Contact teen services at Parks Community Centers, YMCAs, Boys and Girls Clubs, cultural organizations, etc.