The Accounting Department provides various fiscal services to the Seattle Public Schools and it's stakeholders. These functional areas include: financial reporting, accounts payable, employee reimbursements, cash collections, treasury, grants accounting, billing and collections, fixed assets, personal service contracts, associated student body and full day kinder.
Our goals align with the District's four pillars: 1)Great principals highly skilled as instructional leaders; 2) Great teachers highly skilled in meeting the needs of all students; 3)Families and community partners connected to our schools; and 4) Central office staff serving and supporting schools and families. Our primary goals include:
- Provide timely, professional, respectful and proactive services and solutions for our customers
- Foster an environment which develops, motivates, and values a highly skilled and talented staff working collaboratively
- Committed to continuously improving business processes that are consistent, efficient, effective and easily understood
- Comply with all applicable rules, regulations, requirements, policies and procedures
- Process transactions efficiently and accurately
Some of our larger initiatives, which are directly related to our primary goals, include:
- Improve our financial reporting function.
- Address areas of improvement identified by the State Auditors and Internal Auditors