Finance Services Division
The Finance Services Division provides various functional services to the Seattle Public Schools and it's stakeholders. These functional areas include: Accounting, Audit Response, Budget, Grants and Payroll.
Vision: A solid foundation to build and support excellence.
Mission: As stewards of district resources and the public trust, the Finance Division provides stakeholders with essential information and collaboratively supports building Seattle Public Schools into a flagship school district
Values: Integrity, customer oriented, effectiveness, teamwork and creativity
Our goals align with the District's four pillars:
1) Great principals highly skilled as instructional leaders;
2) Great teachers highly skilled in meeting the needs of all students;
3) Families and community partners connected to our schools; and
4) Central office staff serving and supporting schools and families.
Our primary goals include:
- Provide timely, professional, respectful and proactive services and solutions for our customers
- Foster an environment which develops, motivates, and values a highly skilled and talented staff working collaboratively
- Committed to continuously improving business processes that are consistent, efficient, effective and easily understood
- Comply with all applicable rules, regulations, requirements, policies and procedures
Some of our larger initiatives, which are directly related to our primary goals, include:
- Manage the District's budget development process in a fiscally challenged environment;
- Review and update fiscal policies and procedures, and help ensure compliance with state and federal laws, Board policies, and Superintendent procedures;
- Improve our financial reporting function.