RDA's Responsibilities Include:
- Compliance reporting, such as:
The State Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) Basic Enrollment Reporting (P223) and Comprehensive Education Data and Research System (CEDARS)
The Federal Office of Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC)
- Data support for the City of Seattle Families and Education Levy (FEL)
- Fulfillment of student data related public records requests
- Automated Data Reporting (ADR) for our Community Based Partners
- Ad hoc data requests for school users and central office leaders
- Special requests for student information from internal stakeholders such as school principals, teachers, district administrators, and other departments, and external requests for student data from various sources such as organizations working with schools.
The Seattle School District maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and is responsible for ensuring student data privacy. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education.
For more information, visit:
The Data Reporting Mailbox can be Used for:
- Academic data requests
Clarification of procedures and process
Data Reporting also receives a lot of requests for information that fall under other organizations here at the District office and are subsequently re-routed to the correct group.
C-SIP: Andrew Olsen - firstname.lastname@example.org
Climate Surveys: Eric Anderson - email@example.com
Elementary Progress Reports: EPRsupport@seattleschools.org
Enrollment Adjustments: StudentSystemsSupport@seattleschools.org
Power School: StudentSystemsSupport@seattleschools.org
Roster/Mailing List: StudentSystemsSupport@seattleschools.org